Many of us have so many responsibilities in life that we forget to take care of ourselves. And while it’s hard to prioritize something like taking a bath when you have so many other priorities in life, self care is an important aspect of stress management.
There are days when one after the others everything is falling apart by itself and you don’t really understand what is happening. Self care is of utmost importance on these days.
Here are some self care practices for bad days:
- Self – Massage
- Breathing Techniques
- Eat Raw Food
- Unplug by a Certain Hour
- Drink a Glass of Water
- Cleanse your body/face with a wipe.
- Brush your Hair.
- Brush you teeth, or use mouthwash
- Open your blinds/curtains
- Open a Window
- Put on relaxing music
- Watch your favorite film
- Watch a Motivational Ted Talk
- Reach out to a Friend.
- Drink a Warm Drink.
- Change your Clothes
- Put Dirty Clothes in the Laundry Basket
- Colour in or Doodle.
- Stretch your Body
- Make your Bed
- Stroke an Animal
- Do a Brain Dump
- Light a candle/incense or diffuse essential oils.
- Download/use the calm app or headspace.
- Make a Plan to look forward to.
- Write out the positives from your day
Consistency is key. The idea is that the more often you practice the self-care ideas on bad days, the more likely you are to achieve higher functioning days.
Self – compassion is giving yourself the same compassion and kindness that you would give a loved one. Charity begins at home, remember! A common stumbling block when thinking about self-compassion is the belief that it just means letting ourselves off the hook. When we say “it’s only human,” isn’t this just a way to blow off personal responsibility for our actions? But let’s look at this more closely. First of all, isn’t it strange that admitting the fact that we’re flawed human beings is perceived as not being honest with ourselves? Isn’t the honest truth that we are only human?
Let’s look at three main elements of self compassion
- Self -Kindness Vs. Self Judgement : When we as people treat ourselves with more respect and warmth, compared to self-criticism and unrealistic expectations, we can then have a greater understanding and sympathy for our own realities and emotions.
- Common Humanity Vs. Isolation : Suffering is not specific to one individual. As part of the human condition, we are all flawed, mortal, and subject to harsh realities. Understanding and accepting that you aren’t alone in your suffering will help reduce feelings of isolation and bring you to terms with your life in a healthy way.
- Mindfulness Vs. Over Identification : Mindfulness requires the non-judgemental observation of oneself, exactly what is needed in order to avoid exaggerating negative emotions or suppressing them as well. An open and kind observation of negative emotions can be helped when you put your suffering into a larger human perspective, not undermining your own emotions but allowing yourself to be comforted by knowing you’re not alone.
Self-compassion allows us to turn toward and face the difficult feelings that arise when considering our own mistakes and misdeeds, meaning that we can see ourselves more clearly and do what’s needed to make things better.
For me personally clarity is one of these qualities I constantly strive for. And if you are anything like me you know that a clear mind is not only the best tool you can have to work with, but also the basis for living a balanced, conscious life. A clear mind means there aren’t any more open questions, there isn’t anymore noise and tumult going on in your head. It’s a great state to be in and my preferred way to live, at least nowadays. That’s why I value simplicity so much, which is a way of keeping clarity on top of everything. There is power in clarity. It’s a foundational principle that underlies many psychological, philosophical, & self-development concepts. It takes many different forms. A few examples:
- Setting Goals – It is the process of getting clarity on what you want to accomplish.
- Managing Anxiety – It involves identifying & clarifying negative thoughts in order to see them through a more objective lens (cognitive behaviour therapy).
- Drawing Boundaries – It is essential in relationships is how you help others gain clarity about how to treat you.
- Working Productively – it means clearly identifying the mission-critical tasks and doing them.
- Resolving Disagreements – It begins with clarifying the other person’s argument in your own words & getting clarity on the specific points of disagreement.
If you are fuzzy about what you want, your results will be fuzzy as well. Clarity about what you want will only come if you start to define what it really is. Answer the question “What do I want most right now?”. Set one clear and written goal from there. Then develop a simple plan to get there and start with the first step today!
When this anxiety symptom is caused by anxiety and stress, the best way toeliminate it is to recognize it is being caused by an active stress response and/or a body that’s overly stressed. Then, calm yourself down and reduce your body’s stress. As your body calms down, this feeling should subside. Here is how the anxiety manipulates you:
- Self – Doubt : Anxiety makes us question ourselves. Once self-doubt creeps in, anxiety makes it grow and take over how we view ourselves.
- Fear : A big part of anxiety is fear. Anxiety takes what is dear to you and makes you afraid of losing it.
- Worries, what-ifs, and worst-case scenarios : These are closely related to fears. It puts thoughts of the worst-case scenarios on our minds, effectively trapping us.
- Need for Control : We don’t want our fears to manifest. We hate being plagued by constant self-doubt. And we’re weary of our worries. To get rid of them, we focus on them, trying very hard to control them.
Helps? Let me know your thoughts.
Self – criticism and lack of motivation are two major threats that kill creativity at work. When it seems like you’re doing the same thing day in and day out, the perceived challenge declines and so does your drive for it. So instead of being able to optimise your creativity and come up with innovative ideas, self-criticism and lack of motivation get in the way of performing your best. Here are 6 ways you can conquer both without having to switch jobs or career path:
- Your Perception of Yourself – Your perception of yourself eventually becomes a reality. If you keep telling yourself “you can only do this much”, this severely restricts your creativity and you’re only bound to self – fulfil this prophecy.
- Submit Yourself To a Paradigm Shift – This not only means having to re-shape your mental attitude but also subjecting to new and more exciting environments that stimulate your creativity.
- Forget Your Anxieties – 90% of what you worry remain just that – worries. They’re not realised so why even bother?
- Seize Opportunities to Hone Key Skills – To improve self – confidence, take time to develop critical skills in your job, be open to criticism and learn to critique your own work fairly.
- Find Something Positive or Interesting in every Project – It’s easy to get bored or de-motivated when you fail to see something new or something you like in each task you do.
- Use other Avenues to Unleash Your Creativity – Draw inspiration by engaging in other creative activities outside of work and experience how this surge of creativity eventually flows in what you do in your job.
Get outside your mind. Once you no longer allow the inner critic to get the best of you, move on. Turn your attention to something outside your mind. Feeling the temperature of the air. Feel the weight of your own body. Listen to the mundane sounds around you. Doing this is inherently calming.
Anxiety disorders are common in people of all ages. They can range in severity from mild to debilitating. Thankfully, there is help available for those who suffer from anxiety disorders so they can lead healthy, happy lives. Signs and symptoms of anxiety are very subtle. I have listed here some of the commonly occurring symptoms which can be easily mistaken to be nothing or anything else but anxiety. Here is a list:
- Shortness of Breath – Feeling so anxious causes inability to relax or control breathing.
- Muscle Tension – Panic attacks cause muscles to tighten in the neck, shoulders,s and sometimes the jaw tightens.
- Mind Suddenly Blanks – Inability yo shirt thoughts and mind shuts due to overwhelm and stress.
- Frequently Feeling on Edge – Feeling jumpy, shaky or physically trembling. Constant feeling of potential danger that must be avoided.
- Heart Pounding – Worry, stress, fear and shortness of breath can accelerate heart rate.
- High Blood Pressure – Due to unsettled states, blood pressure can raise to dangerous levels.
- Excessive Sweating – Results from nervousness or panic.
- Insomnia – Inability to sleep when stress creates a continuous loop of racing thoughts.
- Upset Stomach – Persistent nauseous feeling.
- Dizziness – Panic to the point of almost passing out.
- Loss of Appetite – Food is not appealing, sometimes gagging occurs when eating.
- Weak Limbs – Feeling of weakness throughout the body can occur when exhausted from worrying.
- Panic Attacks – Sudden feeling that something terrible is going to happen.
- Nervousness Around People – Overly critical of oneself in social situations. Swelling on future events and what was said long after the event.
- Frequent Bathroom Breaks – Nervousness can upset the bowels and cause uncontrollable bathroom visits.
- Heart Palpitations – Feeling the heart race, flutter, add or skip a beat.
- Compulsive Behaviour – Constantly biting nails, scratching scalp, or other abnormal behaviours due to anxiety.
- Chest Pain – Many who experience a panic attack for the first time believe they are experiencing a heart attack.
- Restlessness – Inability to sit still and must be on the move.
- Migraines – Anxiety increases blood flow and blood flowing to the brain causes severe head pain.
- Uncontrollable Speech – Speaking quickly and without thinking. Stuttering and feeling tongue-twisted are common.
- Itchy Skin – Body reacts to stress by producing an itchy rash or hives.
- Hot or Cold Flashes – When your body is in an upset state, the temperature can waver and change rapidly.
- Muscle Spasm – Nervous system behaves irregularly and causes muscles to twitch.
- Constantly catching a Cold or the Flu – Weakened immune system due to stress causes the body to be susceptible to illness.
If you think that you are, or a loved one is, suffering from an anxiety disorder, you should not wait to get help.
It is seen that a lot of people do just the opposite. They focus on what they don’t have. They train their thoughts on lack, problem such as inability to pay bills, insufficient money to buy a house. This leads to daily struggle to make both ends meet. In other words, by focusing your thoughts on the negatives, all your mental and spiritual energies oblige you by producing conditions leading to more frustration and scarcity.
Affirmations for Money, Wealth and Prosperity are one of the well accepted and also an easy way to train the mind to focus on the positive. These affirmations are a set of positive statements in the present tense which take our mind to what we already have, be ready to receive more while being thankful and grateful to the Universe in providing you in its own unique ways.
Here are few money affirmations for you :
- I am open and ready to receive money NOW.
- Money is attracted to me and needs me to spend it NOW.
- Everything and everyone helps me prosper financially NOW.
- I welcome large sums of money into my life regularly NOW.
- Money comes to me in abundance easily and frequently NOW.
- Money flows into my life in large quantities through multiple sources.
- Everything I spend comes back to me threefold NOW.
- I expect money into my life in unexpected ways NOW.
- I manifest large quantities of money in every action I take NOW.
- Money is flowing to me and I accept it graciously NOW.
We know we can smile with our faces, but yoga teaches that we can also smile with our hearts. In Sanskrit, the Heart Chakra is known as “Anahata” which translates to “unhurt.” It means that deep inside each of us, beneath all the stuff, there is this place untouched by pain, mistrust, or hurt. It is a reservoir of ever re-generating love and abundant compassion. And the more we connect to our 4th Chakra (which represents the right to love and be loved), the more we feel an overall balance between giving and receiving in our lives. The stronger our Heart Chakra, the more able we are to share its qualities of unconditional love, compassion, acceptance and trust out in the world!
Here are Top Four reasons why you should Smile More
- Reduces Stress – Smiling helps you to feel and think more positively. Smiling can stop stress from increasing and can actually help to reduce it. The serotonin and endorphins help to combat feelings of stress and to make you feel calmer and more in control. One obvious sign of this can be a reduction in your pulse rate. Try taking you pulse before and after smiling for a few minutes and you’ll see what I mean.
- Boosts Immune System – People who smile regularly tend to be more optimistic in their approach to life. Some researchers even believe that this can lead to a stronger immune system and an ability to fight off lines better than pessimists. Research is very clear. There is a link between optimistic attitudes and good health.
- Boosts Confidence – If two people are giving a presentation and one smiles regularly but not the other, it’s more likely that you’ll perceive the person who smiles to be the more confident. That’s fact. People instinctively react to seeing a smile by smiling themselves. Smiling not only benefits you in these ways, but it also benefits those around you.
- Faking It Works – Learning to smile is possible. A fake smile generated the same feelings as genuine smile. You’re less likely to feel like smiling when you’re under pressure. These are the times that smiling will help you most. be super-conscious of this. Make an extra effort to smile more at times like this.
You see, smiling affects our emotions because of a body-brain connection. It triggers scientifically measurable activity in the left frontal cortex of the brain where happiness is registered. In fact, of the 44 muscles of the face that allow us to create more than 5000 different types of expressions, each of those expressions will have a unique effect on the way you feel and how OTHERS feel about you.
Happiness is something that comes from enjoying the challenges that life throws at you and new confidence will bring you both success and happiness. It is often said that happiness is not a result but enjoying the journey you take towards achieving something. How can you enjoy your life’s journey if you are fearful and negative and lack self confidence? Here are some simple techniques which you can use to improve your self confidence :
1. Learn to Love Yourself – Make a list of things you like about yourself. Complete every sentence with “I Love” like “I love my singing voice”, “I love my patience”, “I love my cooking skills”. Repeat daily.
2. Blow You Own Trumpet – Complete these sentences for yourself
- I like my ______ because __________.
- I am an expert at _____________.
- I feel good about ______________.
- My friends would tell you I am ____________.
- My best personal quality is ___________.
3. Visualise Success – Sit somewhere where you have total quietness. Imagine a situation or event that you have coming up for which you need more confidence. Run through the whole event from your point of view and through your eyes. Do not leave out any details – Imagine what you will be seeing hearing, saying. Capture what you will be feeling. Don’t leave out any of the possible sensations or emotions. Re-run this film in your mind as often as possible before the event.
4. Create A Personal Commercial – Write a 30-60 second speech that highlights your strengths and goals. Recite in front of a mirror whenever you need to boost your confidence.
5. Create A Vision Board – Have fun in creating a vision board of your dreams and goals. You can do this online and use free software to create a board and add music to your images. Create a paper story board with images, photographs, anything that inspires you. Pin somewhere, where you can see it regularly.
Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something, hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.
If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now. Prepare yourself.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. You said you needed motivation. I’m going to do what needs to be done to get your ass in gear. NO EXCUSES. If this isn’t the kind of motivation you need, leave now. You’ve been warned.
Here goes :
- Write Down your “Why’s” – Write down all your reason for wanting to achieve whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Be specific and then keep the list somewhere handy to refer to when you are flagging.
- Set Goals – Set long term goals and then spilt them down into monthly goals. Make sure they are specific, realistic and have timescales. Write your goals down. Split them down again into smaller weekly “to-do”lists.
- Try the “two minute” rule – Set a timer and then make yourself work on a task for two minutes. Chances are you will keep going.
- Plan to do tasks when you are most productive – If you are an early bird, get up earlier to tackle your to-do list. Night owl? Plan what tasks you will do when the people have gone to bed.
- Make Yourself Accountable – Join a support or a mastermind group. get sponsored. Find yourself a “goal buddy” or get a coach. Make a public declaration on social media.
- Try the “Countdown” technique – Countdown from ten and start the task when you get to zero.
- Look after Yourself – You will struggle to be motivated if you aren’t feeling 100%. Eat well, sleep well, exercise, get fresh air, take time for yourself.
Lock yourself in a room with the thing you need to be doing. Don’t leave until you make some progress. Put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, or axe to the grindstone. Stop looking for external motivation. Stop letting yourself procrastinate.Start going through the motions of making progress. At first it might feel forced, but eventually you’ll get in the groove.
“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” These are the words from Helen Keller, a lady who conquered the world with her self-confidence and self-esteem. Before getting into how to build self-esteem, you should be clear about the concept of self-esteem. In simple words, it is your opinion about yourself — impressive or unimpressive. Do you believe you are successful? How do you see yourself? What do you think of your social status? Your answers to these sorts of questions will give you an idea about your self-esteem. Maintaining a high level of self-esteem is very important, as low self-esteem can be disastrous to your happiness. It feeds your negative thinking and you will start criticizing yourself and thus, you may end up in a conclusion that you are simply useless. This may even lead to serious psychological problems and suicidal tendency. So, self-esteem is crucial in developing positive attitude towards life. Read on to learn about how to build self-esteem.
- Stop the Negative Voice – We all have a negative voice lurking inside us. This voice speaks up when a challenge arises. The key to dealing with your gremlin is to be aware it’s there. That way, it can’t surprise you.
- Be Charitable – Going out of your way to do something for someone else could well transform the way you feel about yourself. It makes you think positively about yourself. Plan your act of kindness today.
- Manage your Expectations – Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Setting yourself challenges is the right thing to do. The key is to be realistic with you plans. You are looking for achievable challenges, not impossible ones.
- Accept Success – Each night before you go to bed, write down three positive things that happened or that you did during the day. Then smile. Do this every night for the foreseeable future.
- Change Your Ways – You need to think completely differently. You need to think of “new” as exciting and different. Not scary and impossible. It’s very important to change your mind-set here.
- Know How you Come Across – Be sure people see you the way you think they do. Most people get this wrong and think they come across worse than they actually do. they stop themselves doing things as a result.
- Stop Saying Sorry – There’s no need to keep apologizing. By saying sorry, you are sending the message to people that you doubt yourself. Only say sorry if you actually need to.
- Don’t Compare – Try to base your expectations of yourself on what you do and your own aspirations, not what others are doing. There is nothing positive to be gained from worrying about how you are compared to others.
Self-esteem springs up from self-dominion. The more you believe in yourself, the more you respect yourself. Unless you respect yourself, how will others respect you? Always believe that you have a unique set of talents and abilities which no other person has. Rise in your own eyes and thus, rise in others’ too.
Negative self-talk is that little voice inside your head telling you that you can’t do it. These self-defeating thoughts are not only inaccurate, they limit your potential. Take control of your negative self-talk, turn it into positive affirmation, and start reaching your goals!
Here are some of the ways in which you can stop the negative self talk and start your day right :
- Start a Morning ritual – Self reiki, compliment yourself, positive set-up for the day, whatever contributes to your general well being.
- Start Small – Don’t try to change a lifetime of negative thinking all at once. Start small. Pay attention to how you view the world in general.
- First thought – Observe you first thought in the morning – is it positive or negative? Think of positive thoughts and affirmations about yourself before sleeping at night and you will be thinking the same things in the morning when you wake up.
- Connect with your Energy – Take the time to connect to universal energy. Your day will be so much better. It does not have to be a long process.
- Values & Beliefs – Write down you values and beliefs on a notepad and keep it near you bed side or work table. Review them every morning. Send some good vibes to those you know to be in need or just ask the universe to direct some energy to where it is needed.
- Triggers – Use some symbols, talismans to change negative thoughts to positive throughout your day.
Remember – just because a thought or image pops in your head quickly, doesn’t mean it is accurate or even realistic. Catch and challenge these pesky automatic thoughts, they are sneaky and quick!
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be. – Unknown
To me, this quote is speaking of the most fundamental rule of the universe. Love isn’t owned and cannot be taken. It can only be given. This quote talks about mutual love and of the only valid test. If you love someone, you have to give them the freedom to choose for itself. Love apart, there are many other things as well that we should let go of to stay happy. Here are a few things that you need to give up now to be happy :
- Worrying about what has happened in the past.
- The need to be in control of everything.
- The idea of a “perfect life”.
- Fear of the unknown.
- Unhealthy relationships.
- Worrying about things you can’t change.
- Clothing you haven’t worn in over a year.
- A job you hate.
- Over scheduling your life.
- Comparing yourself to other people.
- Placing your partner on an unrealistic pedestal.
- Going small when you can go BIG.
- Your insecurities.
- A negative body image.
- Fear of failure.
- Clutter in your home.
- Procrastinating on important things.
- Your Pride.
- Worrying about what other think of you.
- Your dependency on social media.
- Your comfort zone.
- Failing to care for your physical health.
- Lazy habits that are holding you back.
- Past Debts.
- The belief that the “grass is always greener”.
- Guilt and anger over past events.
- Any possessions that don’t bring you joy.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Trying to make everyone happy.
- Old things you can donate or sell for cash.
- Overindulging in unhealthy habits.
- Anyone and anything that doesn’t make you happy.
And the one thing you should never let go of is hope. Remember what you deserve and keep pushing forward. Someday all the pieces will come together. Unimaginably good things will transpire in your life, even if everything doesn’t turn out exactly the way you had anticipated. And you will look back at the times that have passed, smile, and ask yourself, “How did I get through all of that?”
You’ve probably seen Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts that quote positive affirmations. Often, these quotes are accompanied with a message that instructs you to repeat the affirmations and it will change your life. You may have even tried repeating positive affirmations and seen some results, but what are these magic words that claim to transform your mind and your life? Here are affirmations for overcoming challenges in your life :
- My strength is greater than any struggle.
- I’m fearless.
- I’m getting stronger every day.
- I can do this.
- I’m deserving of my dreams.
- I was not made to give up.
- Broken bridges cannot stop me.
- No one can make me feel inferior.
- I’ve discovered that I am fierce.
- I know my power.
- Challenges are just opportunities.
- I do not fear the fire…I am the fire.
- I choose what I become.
- I’ve decided that I’m good enough.
- I’m brave enough climb any mountain.
- I wink at a challenge.
- I have the power to change my story.
- I feel joy no matter my situation.
- I use my failure as a stepping stone.
- I’m a warrior.
Let them sink deep into your subconscious. Read them as often as you want. On high on affirmations for a change :D.
While most people would argue having a life you love will make you happy, I would argue that happiness will help you to create a life you love. Think about it. Be happy = manifest more in your world to be happy about. Be unhappy = manifest more in your world to be unhappy about. Easy peasy. What? Not so easy? Yes, staying happy is a constant effort. Notice I didn’t say it’s a struggle… it’s not. But we do have to stay conscious about it and continue to do what it takes to “keep the happy”. And what does it take? Here are a few things you can try to stay happy :
- Be Grateful : Take 5 minutes every morning to write down or declare what you are thankful for!
- Forgive : Is there anyone you haven’t forgiven, even yourself? Then forgive them.
- Encourage Others : Look for the good in friends, family, and co-workers, and encourage them.
- Use Positive Words : Choose to use life-giving words towards others and even for yourself!
- Be Intentional With Your Time : Eliminate time-wasting activities and prioritize time for yourself and others that are important to you!
- Make a Bucket List : Write down your dreams and new ideas, and then take steps to make these things happen.
- Get Moving : Start doing whatever type of exercise you enjoy and can stick with it.
- Examine your Inner Circle : Spend time with positive people who encourage you and add happiness to your life!
- Get Inspired : Find out what inspires you and include it in your routine.
- Find Your Purpose : Start exploring why you are here on earth, what is your life’s true, deeper purpose?
- Act Now : Write down your goals, and make actual steps and a timeline for how you will accomplish these steps!
- Be the Solution : Focus more on helping others, and find ways to serve. Serving unlocks perspective and contentment.
- Manage Your Wealth : Look at your top 3 goals and align your spending habits with your goals. Keep your spending in check for long-term financial peace!
- Support a Cause : Support missionaries, non-profit organizations or volunteer to serve yourself!
P.S. Staying happy isn’t just reading an article…it’s making real changes in your life. If you are ready for every day to be a happy day, create your dreams, inspire yourself to become the person you were born to be and guidance on staying truly happy.
Can the color you wear really affect your mood? Research says yes; color can absolutely affect your mood, behavior and stress levels. There are no magic bullet answers, but there are generalities that can be gleaned from decades of research on the patterns of what people think about each color. So, how can you pick the perfect color for each situation? Based on the research, here is your personal color guide:
- Red : It stimulates the adrenal gland and the neurons. But too much exposure causes stress. Red provokes anger & frustration. It stimulates heartbeat and breathing. It is also is associated with energy. It enhances human metabolism. It increases respiration rate. It raises blood pressure.
- Yellow : It helps to release serotonin, causing a happy mood. But too much exposure causes fatigue. Yellow can speed up your metabolism. Babies cry more in yellow rooms. This colour evokes pleasant, cheerful feelings.
- Purple : It helps to develop spirituality and deep thoughts. Purple intensifies sexual activity. It causes frustration.
- Gray : Gray is unsettling. It creates expectations.
- White : It has a calming effect. It represents a successful beginning.
- Blue : This colour has a soothing effect on human mind. It slows down human metabolism. It produces a calming effect. Too much exposure causes depression. It suppresses appetite. Strangely materials in blue colour appear to be light in weight.
- Green : It has a soothing effect on the eyes. It relaxes the body and alleviates stress. It improves vision. It has a healing and hygienic effect.
- Orange : It stimulates mental abilities. It increases appetite. It increases oxygen supply to the brain. It stimulates mental activity and also appetite.
- Pink : This colour reduces anger & anxiety. It denotes feminine qualities.
- Black : Black gives the feeling of perspective and depth. It makes people wearing it look thin.
Choosing the color of your office, your clothes or your desktop should not be taken lightly — colors do affect our moods and productivity. However, colors are not the only thing that affects us — one can still be efficient in a grey suit or workout well in a black outfit. But, when given the choice, picking a color that will work with you, and not against you can only help.
Don’t take anything personally acts as a measure of presence in the here and now. Simply, when we are reactive we are not in the moment and when we are checked out, are susceptible to taking others actions as personal affronts. The bigger truth is nothing others do is because of us. It is their story of pain being projected based on distorted beliefs and limiting opinions. Miguel-Ruiz describes this as “poison” and if it is taken personally, you take that poison in and it becomes yours. When we assume this poison is true, it becomes our poison or baggage. However, when we are grounded and centered, can see the projection for what it is, we are far less vulnerable to others projections. Miguel-Ruiz describes this as immunity in the center of hell; it is the ‘gift’ of this agreement.
Here are few steps which you can take to stop taking things personally
- Realize that other people’s rudeness is not about you. When someone is rude it’s likely to be a reflection of their own issues.
- Ask yourself what else the comment or behaviour might mean. For example, if someone doesn’t smile or say hello, they might be shy.
- Take comments or criticism in a constructive way. Ask yourself if there’s any truth to it, and what you can learn.
- Take a different perspective. Ask yourself how an unbiased outsider would see the situation.
- Realize that you can’t please everyone.
- Know that you’re not defined by your mistakes or criticism.
- Realize that your self-worth depends on you. It does not depend on what others say about you.
Living this agreement creates openness to say yes or no without guilt or criticism. Thus, you can be surrounded by the chaos of life and remain peaceful. Hope this helped. Leave me a comment.
I know you want to get rid of generalized anxiety disorder symptoms. Keep in mind that anxiety can be treated in the short term, but long-term treatment and practice of new skills is what it takes to get rid of anxiety altogether. Today we’ll discuss few spiritual activities that get rid of generalized anxiety in the long term.
Here are some tips to help you take care of your own mental health, as well as your family’s before and after a storm.
- Try Tapping : Learn specifics about tapping on Meridian points. Literally tapping on the points of energy on your body helps resolve negative emotions by disrupting negative mental loops in the mind. Very helpful for Panic Attacks.
- Anxious Friend : Accept that your anxiety is only trying to protect you. Listen to what it wants to protect you from. Thank it for looking out for you like a friend, instead of disliking that part of you.
- Nature Grounding : Reconnecting with nature by noticing its sounds, smells and sights helps to ground you to the simplicity of the earth. Earthing : Going barefoot and connecting to the literal ground creates an exchange of both physical and spiritual energy.
- NLP & Hypnosis : NLP is a method used to heal through positively reprogramming your thought process with specific healing language. Hypnosis creates trance states to relax and soothe the mind. Seek out practitioners for transforming healing.
- Yoga Nidra : This kind of Yoga is more of a deep Trance Meditation. Lay on your back and without moving, focus on the feeling of each body part, one at a time until your mind is completely calm. This is for a deeply peaceful state.
- Positive Visualizing : The next time you say what id, experience pressure, or assume other judge you negatively, stop. Recognize this unhelpful pattern and replace those thoughts by visualizing the best outcome and positive solutions.
Hope this helps. I am happy to answer any questions on this post. Take Care.
Stress is a silent killer and prolonged exposure to stress may exert harmful effect on physical, psychological and behavioral well being of an individual. I understand that we all our busy in our daily routines, juggling between work and home, but we must implement effective stress management techniques in order to maintain the productivity with no stress. Use of Yoga, Meditation and soothing humor are potent stress busters. But who got the time? Right? So, here are some small meditations you can do while going about your daily chores. Surprised? See Meditation is not about sitting still, burn incense sticks, play some slow music. Here check these simple meditation techniques
- Focus on your Breath : Focus your full attention on air entering you nose, filling your lungs and flowing out again. Relish each sensation.
- Take Control & Unclench : Take a moment to identify where you are feeling the tension in your body. Visit it fully, and send it a little kindness if you can.
- Let Space Inspire You : Take a quiet, conscious moment to shift your focus from the tangible things around you to space existing peacefully between them,
- Find the Hum : Locate the subtle humming sensation deep in your body. Often, people feel it in their feet or hands most easily at first : a pleasant buzz of aliveness. Focus on that feeling and savor the deliciousness as it spreads.
- Realign your Internal Axis : Mentally rearrange your body awareness so that rather than being fixed horizontally (on “then” and “when”), you can enjoy the feeling of it being vertical (right here, right now). Imagine your axis moving now.
Try these techniques and let me know if it worked for you. Namaste.
In our religious scriptures it has been advised to get up before sunrise.’ However, nowadays, we have a bad habit of getting up late in the morning because they are awake till late at night due to constant digital distractions. Staying awake till late at night is bad for health. On the contrary, it is said that ‘early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.’ It means that one who sleeps early and wakes up early is blessed with long life, good health and becomes wealthy.’
Here are few benefits of waking up early, which if followed can help you be successful in life.
- There are less distractions in the morning. A typical day can get crazy, fast. When everyone else is sleeping, it’s easier to focus.
- Exercise gets your blood pumping. Finding time for exercise can make you more productive, yet it’s easy to squeeze out of your schedule. Knock it out first thing in the morning and start the day ready to take on the world.
- Successful people are already doing it. Successful people have limited time in their day to accomplish tasks and take personal time, which is why they get an early start.
- You’ll be more productive. A 2008 study discovered that morning people are more proactive. A proactive attitude leads to increased productivity, since you’re not waiting for someone to prod you along.
- You will have time for breakfast. A survey from Harvard School of Public Health found skipping out on breakfast may increase coronary heart disease risk – making a good breakfast more important than you might think.
- You’ll be happier. Research has shown morning people tend to be happier and healthier. Considering the well-documented link between happiness and work performance, it’s easy to see why happier early birds often find themselves flying higher than their late-rising counterparts.
Have you tried to have a long lasting early morning routine? Have you encountered either of these two challenges? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with your morning routine.
The mental law of correspondence says that our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. By focusing on the traits and characteristics we would like to have, we begin immediately to attract them into our life. Affirmations are a great way to keep our minds focused and our thoughts positive. As Claude Bristol says, “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” Here are certain affirmations for boosting your confidence.
- My dreams are happening now.
- Opportunities comes easily to me.
- I excel in everything I do.
- I love a positive life.
- I only attract the best situations.
- I choose happiness and abundance.
- I can reach any goal.
- Success is always knocking at my door, I must simply open up to it.
- I have the courage I need to succeed.
- I accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I have amazing determination.
- I never give up.
- I am rich in relationships, wealth and love.
- I have all I need to succeed.
- I am ready to accept my dreams as reality.
- I am confident of my abilities.
- Today is going to be my best day.
- I believe I am worthy of my desires and dreams.
Have a positive and successful week ahead.
Regardless of your career level, there is always room for improvement. Often the focus tends to be on obstacles rather than strategies. There are numerous things you can do to improve yourself starting with setting goals and developing a plan of action that includes professional development, physical fitness, and even getting a little creative. The following are some possibilities to try:
- Read Books : It’s like having the best advice from mentors throughout history on demand.
- Listen to Podcasts : Fill in the gaps of your life with educational audio. I use a bluetooth shower speaker.
- Take a Course : There’s free info online, but a quality course brings it all together and save you time.
- Practice Old Passions : Take a break or go on a sabbatical. Revisit the things you enjoy but don’t normally do.
- Get Feedback & Critique : Skip the compliment sandwiches. Seek feedback from trusted people and get straight to the meat.
- Work Towards A Goal : Commit to daily practice. Do one small thing every day that will get you a little bit closer.
- Be Open To Change : To improve yourself, you must change, if you aren’t willing to change, it’s hard to move forward.
- Get Around Community : Your mom was right all along. You become like the people you spend the most time with.
According to Jack Canfield, You only have control over three things in your life : the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take (your behavior). How you use these three things determines everything you experience. Why not take that advice, think positively, and try some of the above tips. They can all contribute to improving yourself and your career. At the very least, they can be interesting to try if you haven’t already!
It’s important to make someone happy, and it’s important to start with yourself. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design into the present.
Starting today do these things to be more happier each day
- Find Happiness In Life. There are a lot of things that you should do to find happiness in life. Once you get there, it is even more challenging to stay happy every day.
- Don’t Dwell in the Past. The past is over and done with. There is no point in looking back at what happened and asking yourself “what if”.
- Don’t Remain Sedentary. As soon as you stop moving and living your life, that’s exactly when depression will set in. When you are unhappy, that is the worst time to give yourself a break and relax.
- Keep Yourself Busy. Keep yourself busy and you will be a happier person overall. The greatest of ways to keep yourself busy is to find your passion.
- Forgiveness is a Tool. Even if your feel they do not deserve it, forgiveness is a tool that will help you more than anyone else.
- Habits That You Should Avoid. There are a lot of things that you should avoid doing in order to get back to your old happy self and stay there forever.
- Forget Bad Things and Move Forward. When something bad happens in your past, the best thing you can do is forget about it and move forward.
- Don’t Stay In Bed Or Put Off Plans. Instead, get up early and exercise and find more social activities that you can include yourself in. The more you do, the harder it will be to spend time being unhappy.
- Don’t Hold Grudges. No matter who wronged you or what they did, there’s no point in holding a grudge. Holding a grudge will only make you more upset about what happened.
- Be Happy. The goal is for you to be happy and forgiving them is one of the steps you have to take in order to accomplish that.
Start Small. Start Today 🙂
The challenges to understanding the human brain are immense, and neuroscientists will require powerful technologies to meet them. There are many ways in psychology which enable us to understand our brain better. Here are some that might be of interest to you.
- The Pratfall Effect : Your likability will increase if you aren’t perfect.
- The Pygmalion Effect : Greater expectations drive greater performance.
- The Paradox of Choice : The more choices we have, the less likely we are to be content with our decisions.
- The Bystander Effect : The more people who see someone in need, the less likely that person is to receive help.
- The Spotlight Effect : Your mistakes are not noticed as much as you think.
- The Focusing Effect : People place too much importance on one aspect of an event and fail to recognize other facts.
Going through this list, there are more than a couple effects I suffer from on a daily basis. So which is your common pitfall amongst them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Anything that makes you feel like you are strongly in your body is grounding. When you feel grounded you feel solid and strong in your body, you have no fear or anxiety and you feel at peace. It is the best place to be when you are making important decisions or presenting something to a group of people. Energy healing requires you to create a practice of grounding, the healing itself can be very grounding. A practice of grounding for some people can be yoga, dancing, meditation or even just sitting on the ground. For other people it is grounding for them to create artwork, to play with children or to spend time with animals and nature. Here is a grounding activity you can do right now
- Sit up straight and tall. Place your feet on the floor. Relax your shoulders.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
- How many windows are in the room?
- How many electrical outlets do you see?
- What does the chair or couch you’re on feel like? Is it soft? Rough? Smooth?
- What colour are your pants? Your shoes?
- What do you hear?
- What material is the floor made of? Is it smooth or bumpy? Soft or hard? Dirty or clean? What imperfections can you see?
- Name all of the TV shows you can think of?
- Name all of the types of shapes you can think of?
Are you feeling better or different now than when you started doing these steps? If yes, then you just successfully grounded yourself. Do this once everyday specially at night so that you do not sleep with any stresses in your head. Take Care.
We all agree that time is more valuable than money. At least, that’s what we say. Then we turn around and spend hours watching bad TV we’re not even that interested in. Or 45 minutes on the phone with customer service fighting a frugal charge. Or years in a relationship or friendship we stopped feeling fulfilled by long ago. Here are some of the ways in which you can save time and increase your productivity :
- Quit meetings, or keep them to 15 minutes.
- Track where your times goes.
- Simplify your inbox.
- Quit Facebook (for sometime).
- Automate tedious tasks.
- Batch similar tasks.
- Try a dictation app.
- Cut bad habits with a “Stop Doing” list.
- Quit multitasking.
What do you think? Will these tasks help you make more time for yourself? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.
Really, the only way to live the life you want is to focus it. And the only way to focus your life is to determine its purpose. Nothing else matters until you do so. Nothing. Until you figure out what you want and how you are going to get it- you are merely floating. Floating down a river that is directed by the desires and actions of everyone and everything else around you. Here are certain ways in which you can focus and increase your productivity.
- Silence your phone.
- Block out background browser tabs/notifications.
- Mute your Gmail with inbox pause.
- Clean your desk.
- Write distractions down for later.
- Save articles & videos in Pocket.
- Take regular breaks.
- Work in varied environments, coffee shops, parks etc.
- Sit by a window.
- Smell something pleasant, like lemons or lavender.
- Set the thermostat for 70-77 degrees.
- Go for a walk.
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise, & healthy food.
- Buy plants.
- Listen to ambient music.
- Look at photos of nature or cute animals.
Once you reach a certain point in life, once you achieve a certain level of self-awareness, you really only have two options: figure out the overall purpose to your life and start to fulfill it, or create a fog around your life to avoid the pain of not knowing its purpose. Did you like the list? Leave me a comment. Thank you.
Using positive affirmations gives you back control of your mind and the information it receives. It puts you in the driver’s seat of your mind and lets you flood it with positive information which will change you for the better! Here are some affirmations for the week ahead.
- I am in the right place at the right time.
- I make things happen.
- I am determined.
- I am fearless.
- I am disciplined.
- I am living in total abundance.
- I love doing the hardest tasks first.
- I am a money magnet, and prosperity of all kinds is drawn to me.
- I am flexible and I am willing to do what it takes to achieve my goals.
- Everything goes right for me.
- I am proud of myself and my accomplishments.
- The perfect people are showing up at the perfect time.
- Opportunities are everywhere.
- I am on my way to building my legacy.
- I have all the talent and resources to accomplish all my goals.
- I am a perpetual generator of positive energy.
- I believe I have it is in me.
- My wildest dreams are coming true.
- I am grateful for my wonderful life.
- Everything happens for a good reason.
- All that I need is drawn to me.
- All that I have I give away.
- All that I give comes back to me tenfolds.
- My success is for certain.
- I am strong.
- I am powerful.
- I am unstoppable.
- I move in the direction of my goals.
- I was born to do something great.
- I commit today to do what it takes to succeed. I take responsibility for where I am.
- All I need is within me now.
Have a happy and productive week ahead.
Emotions can have an important influence on physical health, and it is critical to deal effectively with the feelings that accompany the everyday ups and downs of life. As a personal growth enthusiast, I have given a lot of thought to how to lead a healthier life by managing your emotions. Here are some of my thoughts
- Give Yourself Permission : You are free to feel what you feel. You might try to talk yourself out of your feelings, because you feel like you “shouldn’t” have them. Thank yourself for the input, and then just go ahead and feel the way you do.
- Stop Judging Them : Rather than thinking of your emotions as “good” or “bad”, simply let them be what they are. Emotions aren’t value judgments.
- Refrain from reacting : When your feelings are strong, just be with them. Once, they’ve subsided, you’ll be in a position to take rational action.
Do you these are good? Leave me a comment.
Grounding is THE key to emotional and energetic balance. It means that you are present in your body and firmly connected to the Earth. Grounding is especially important for people with high-sensitivity (HSP – highly sensitive people). With good grounding, you can keep your balance, be fully present in the here and now and bring in all of your spiritual gifts.
Let’s say that you are highly sensitive and that you pick up energies, emotions and even thoughts from other people. Besides that, you are dealing with your own thoughts, emotions and energies. Sounds a bit busy, doesn’t it? There are two things going on here. One: your mind, emotions and energy field are processing a lot more than they can comfortable handle. They are ‘full’ or even ‘overloaded’. Two: you cannot distinguish anymore what is yours and what is not. No wonder you feel emotional, overwhelmed and tired! Good grounding helps you to let go of other people’s energies, emotions and thoughts and it helps you get back to your center so you can distinguish what is yours and what is not.
Here are 5 simple steps for grounding anywhere
LOOK AROUND YOU
5 things you can see
4 things you can touch
3 things you can hear
2 things you can smell
1 thing you can taste
REPEAT AS NECESSARY
Try it right now and see the change 🙂
Mindfulness is a translation of a word that simply means awareness. It’s a direct, intuitive knowing of what you are doing while you are doing it. It’s knowing what’s going on inside your mind and body, and what’s going on in the outside world as well. There are now thousands of research studies into the uses of mindfulness, and professionals are using mindfulness in Boardrooms, Schools, Prisons, Court rooms and hospitals across the world. Here are few simple things that you can so anytime anywhere to be more mindful.
- Think Breathing : Breathe in, hold for three counts and exhale. Count seven breaths.
- Mindful Drinking : Kick start your body, mix hot water, lemon and cayenne pepper. Taste it.
- Do one thing at a time : When eating, just eat, wen checking emails, just check emails.
- Notice you senses : What are two things you can taste, touch, smell, hear, right now?
- Deep listening : Listen completely and contemplate your response.
- Mindful Eating : Turn of all distractions, explore the textures, flavors and temperature.
- Mindful Walking : Feel your feet connecting with the ground.
- Body Scan time : Bring your attention to your body, send the breath to any areas of tension.
Arent they all simple and doable? Start with one or two exercise everyday and see the change in yourself. Let me know your thoughts. Leave us a comment.
It’s the middle of the week and already I am tired and overwhelmed. Well we all have weeks like these. Quite often people wait for holidays or weekends for self reflection. In my opinion though, self reflection is of utmost importance during the middle of a busy week.
“The true purpose of self-reflection is to correct our mistaken thoughts and actions, and learn from them, thereby creating a more constructive life. Self-reflection is not just the simple act of discovering past mistakes and making up for these mistakes, like resetting a negative to zero. The ultimate objective of self-reflection is the development of a more positive self and the realization of a utopia on earth as the fulfillment of God’s will.”
~ From the book: Ten Principles of Universal Wisdom
Let us look at some habits which we can inculcate for self reflection and personal growth
- Be honest : Being honest with yourself about how things are going and how you are behaving.
- Notice Behaviour Patterns : Be aware of your habit so you can actively weaken the ones you don’t want and strengthen the ones you do want.
- Be Able to articulate your core values : Take time to consider what’s most important to you so that you can evaluate whether or not you’re living those values.
- Be forgiving : Be gentle with yourself when you don’t get it right. We all make mistakes.
- Keep track of your self-reflection : Start a journal where you record you observations and monitor your personal growth.
So you do have a self -reflection routine? Share here with the larger community to help others. Looking forward to your comments :). Happy Wednesday!
A research piece promoted by rockstar educationalist, Sir Ken Robinson, attempted to quantify by just how much we actually sucked at divergent thinking. What I have gathered from various research papers is that nurturing of your divergent skills is a lifelong project. So here are a few suggestions.
- Write things down : Not all your ideas will be worthwhile, but they might trigger new ideas. Make a list of your thoughts.
- Watch for accidents : You can sometimes make the best discoveries when you’re searching for something else.
- Reverse the polarity : Write down as many assumptions about the problem as you can think if. Reverse them.
- Think in metaphors : A metaphor is a link between two dissimilar things. They open up the creative side of the brain.
- Arrange blind dates : Use “combinatory play” to throw unrelated ideas together to see if they create a new idea.
- Steal from other domains : Explore how an idea from one industry or discipline could be adapted to another.
- Start from a different place : While the worst ideas can never be the best idea, it will take your imagination to a different staring place.
- Think in pictures : Visual thinking can strip a problem down to its essence, leading to profoundly simple connections.
- Ask simple questions : Challenge assumptions by posing simple questions. Questions and curiosity kickstart creativity.
So what type of a thinker are you? Convergent or Divergent?
Intense meditation practices help to achieve a harmony between body and mind. Meditation practices influence brain functions, induce various intrinsic neural plasticity events, modulate autonomic, metabolic, endocrine, and immune functions and thus mediate global regulatory changes in various behavioral states including sleep.
Here are certain fun facts about meditation
- Improves Brain Power : It increases gray matter. Brains scans of participants in a meditation stay by Yale. Harvard and Mass General Hospital showed increase in gray matter in parts of the brain, and that meditation may slow natural brain deterioration. The parts of the brain with increased gray matter thickness are related to attention and processing sensory input.
- Improves Brain Plasticity : A study of mindfulness meditation practitioners showed an increase in the number of neurons in the brain’s hippocampus (related to learning and memory) and a reduction in the volume of the amygdala (related to anxiety and stress) after just eight weeks. Similar studies have shown increases in the number of the neurons and neuronal connections in the right frontal cortex (concentration), the right insula (emotions), and the right parietal and temporal lobes (touch and sound).
- Improves Sleep : Researchers reported that experienced meditators slept fewer hours than non-meditators and the general population, but were no less alert. Separate research has found that meditation may be an effective behavioral intervention in the treatment of insomnia.
- Lowers Blood Pressure : In reviewing existing existing research, the American Heart Association in 2013 concluded that transcendental meditation lowers blood pressure. High blood pressure (hypertension) contributes to the hardening of the arteries, and to the developmental of heart failure.
Still thinking if you should make meditation as a daily habit? Think again!!
Let me know your thoughts on meditation. Looking forward to your comments.
Any action is a reflection of thoughts and the thoughts are directed by a positive or a negative approach. You can become a successful person, if you are influenced to induce your thoughts. The results of researches show that the working patterns of your body and your thoughts are interconnected with each other. If you are endowed with a positive frame of mind, you will be able to lift your spirit. Here are certain positive thoughts for you to consider. Just reading them carefully will uplift your mood and bring you some calm.
- There is no one better to be than myself.
- I am enough.
- I get better every single day.
- I am an amazing person.
- All of my problems have solutions.
- Today I am a leader.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- My challenges help me grow.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- My mistakes help me learn and grow.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I have courage and confidence.
- I can control my own happiness.
- I have people who love and respect me.
- I stand up for what I believe in.
- I believe in my goals and dreams.
- It’s okay not to know everything.
- Today I choose to think positive.
- I can get through anything.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I give myself permission to make choices.
- I can do better next time.
- I have everything I need right now.
- I am capable of so much.
- Everything will be okay.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I can make a difference.
- Today I choose to be confident.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I have the power to make my dreams come true.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- Good things are going to come to me.
- I matter.
- My confidence grows when I step outside of my comfort zone.
- My positive thoughts create positive feelings.
- Today I will walk through my fears.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- Everyday is a fresh start.
- If I fell, I will get back up again.
- I am whole.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I can do anything.
- It is enough to do my best.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I accept who I am.
- Today is going to be an awesome day.
- My strength is greater than my struggle.
- I’m fearless.
- I can do this.
Did you feel the shift in your peace within. A small ray of positivity goes a long way. I am so excited to read your thoughts on affirmations. Do leave me comment.
The trick in dealing with big, powerful, or troubling emotional states is to understand first that emotions are always true(about something), but they’re not always right. Here is a list of emotions that you should look out for. See what they are telling you.
- Bitterness shows you where you need to heal, where you’re still holding judgements on others and yourself.
- Resentment shows you where you’re living in the past and not allowing the present to be as it is.
- Discomfort shows you that you need to pay attention right now to what is happening, because you’re being given the opportunity to change, to do something different than you typically do it.
- Anger shows you what you’re passionate about, where your boundaries are, and what you believe needs to change about the world.
- Disappointment shows you that you tried for something, that you did not give in to apathy, that you still care.
- Guilt shows you that you’re still living life in other people’s expectations of what you should do.
- Shame shows you that you’re internalizing other people’s beliefs about who you should be and that you need to reconnect with yourself.
- Anxiety shows you that you need to wake up, right now, and that you need to be present, that you’re stuck in the past and living in fear of the future.
- Sadness shows you the depth of your feelings, the depth of your care for others and this world.
Do you agree with these meanings?
Happiness is your birth right, it is your natural state of being, it is the essence of living, it is what we were born to do. Stay Happy. But then there are rainy days, not the ones which encourage umbrella and raincoats, but the downs in life. The heavy rains of life can fall suddenly and pour incessantly for long periods of time and for too many reasons to list here. But let’s focus on being happy on such a rainy day, shall we? So what do we do about it? Here is a list of things you could do stay balanced in life everyday and even on those bad days.
- Express Gratitude > Thank someone and be appreciate towards your colleagues, every single day.
- Give > Give something to another person or make it possible for others to offer gifts.
- Help > Help someone who is in need of assistance, or enable people to help each other.
- Eat Well > Eat well, and make good, healthy foods easily available for everyone.
- Exercise > Exercise and work out regularly and make it easy for people to take care of their bodies.
- Rest > Rest well, sleep sufficiently, and enable people to refresh their minds
- Experience > Experience new things, try stuff out, and let people run all kinds of experiments.
- Hike > Hike outdoors, enjoy nature, and allow people an escape from the office and the city.
- Meditate > Meditate and get people to learn and adopt mindfulness practices.
- Socialize > Socialize, relate to other people, and make it easy for colleagues to develop connections.
- Aim > Aim for a goal and get people to understand and realize their won purpose.
- Smile > Smile whenever you can, appreciate humor, and get colleagues to engage in fun activities.
The possible responses to such a question can be legion. I would still love to hear from you in the comments about how you have managed to stay happy during the rainy times of your life. What advice would you offer others who were going through hard times?
Eye rolling. Door slamming. Loud sighing. Unexplained yelling. Everyone gets in bad moods sometimes – they are a part of life. Feeling cranky and irritable for no real reason can happen to the best of us. Here are some simple, effective methods for improving their state of mind:
- Read some inspirational quotes.
- Clean you your environment. De-clutter.
- Drinks Lots of Water. Stay Hydrated.
- Lighten up! Good lighting and brightness can bring up your mood.
- So something small that will make you feel productive.
- Take deep breaths. Meditate.
- Make sure your hygiene is in check.
- Wear something that you feel good on.
- Get some fresh air.
- Talk to someone, especially a friend you know will try to cheer you up.
- Listen to some up beat happy music. Sing along and dance.
- So some light exercise.
- So something that usually makes you happy.
So they seem simple & helpful? I am excited to know about what you to change your mood? Do share in the comments.
The “power of positive thinking” is a popular concept, and sometimes it can feel a little cliché. Being an optimist can be hard for some people and sometimes you just don’t know where to start with being positive. Here are a few pointers which you may find useful.
- Identify : First you really need to identify why are in a negative mindset. What thoughts do you have when you identify something as bad instead of neutral or good? Do you have certain beliefs in yourself?
- Gratitude Journal : You should write down at least 5 things you are grateful for everyday. I personally write whole list of things that I am grateful for when I feel like I’m in the wrong mood.
- Meditate : This will help you with overthinking. Meditation lowers your stress and can help you to be more positive. Meditating 20 minutes/day had not only an effect on your mood but also your body.
- Get Rid of Toxic : There are always things that you think about too much. Cut negative and toxic people out of your life. You don’t need them. This will make the biggest difference in your life.
- Surround Yourself : After you cut out toxic people and your negative past your should find more positive things to surround yourself with. I frequently unfollow people who don’t inspire me.
- Affirmation : To keep the positivity high you should continue to form a positive mindset through positive and motivation self talk. I personally love affirmation and use them a lot with my meditation.
Did you like the list. Do leave me a comment 🙂